Dear Applicants, below you can find the major requirements before you apply for a visa:
All fees are paid ONLY in cash in Russian rubles. We kindly ask you to prepare the necessary amount without change.
The visa fees and service charges once paid are not refundable.
The applicable visa and service fees in Rubles are as per the current exchange rate provided by the Consulate. The same is subject to change without notice.
All the fees mentioned above are inclusive of VAT.
|Category||Visa Fee in EURO||Visa Fee in RUB||BLS Service Charge in Euro||BLS Service Charge in RUB||BLS Service Charge in Euro||BLS Service Charge in RUB|
|If you apply for a visa in Moscow||If you apply for a visa in other regions of Russia|
|Nationals of Russian Federation, Ukraine, Armenia, Former Yugoslav, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Georgia||35||2898.43||30||2484.37||34.5||2857.03|
|Nationals from other countries||80||6624.99||30||2484.37||34.5||2857.03|
|Children under 6 y.o.||0||0||30||2484.37||34.5||2857.03|
|Children from 6 to 12 (nationals of Russian Federation, Ukraine, Armenia, Former Yugoslav, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Georgia)||35||2898.43||30||2484.37||34.5||2857.03|
|Children from 6 to 12 (nationals of other countries)||40||3312.50||30||2484.37||34.5||2857.03|
|Urgent Visa for nationals of Russian Federation, Ukraine, Armenia, Former Yugoslav, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Georgia||70||5796.87||30||2484.37||34.5||2857.03|
|Urgent Visa for gratis categories mentioned in Visa Facilitation Agreement||35||2898.43||30||2484.37||34.5||2857.03|
Exemption of Visa Fee charges:
In case of an application within three days before the intended travel, the fee waiver shall only apply to categories b), e) and f).
Please note that additional visa waivers may apply to certain categories of applicants, as per Portuguese national legislation.
* As defined in Recommendation No 2005/761/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 September 2005 to facilitate the issue by the Member States of uniform short-stay visas for researchers from third countries travelling within the Community for the purpose of carrying out scientific research.
In case of an Urgent visa tickets should be fully paid, in case of ordinary visa booked tickets are acceptable.
If traveling by car, copy of the “Technical Passport” of the vehicle, international driving license and car insurance (Green Card). If the vehicle is rented, the leasing contract. Also must be provided a printed itinerary of planned trip.
Funds required for trip: 75 euro – for the first day of staying in Portugal, and 50 euro per day onwards.
Applicants who have their own business must provide a copy of business registration and a copy of the tax identification number (TIN).
+ Confirmation of accommodation (hotel reservation / copy of the apartment or house rental contract/other). If the invitation contains the address of accommodation and contact details in Portugal for the entire period of the requested visa, additional confirmation of the place of stay is not required.
Additionally, you can provide:
- A copy of the document confirming the identity of the invitee.
- Confirmation of long-term business contacts with the inviting party, if any.
As per category of traveler:
- Members of official delegations: Letter (e.g. verbal note) issued by a competent Russian authority (e.g. MID) confirming that the applicant is a member of its delegation travelling to the Schengen Member State + Copy of the official invitation.
- Participants in official twin city programs: Written request from the head of administration/mayor of the city where the twinning activity is to take place + Written request from the head of administration/mayor of the sending city with full details of the participant.
- Drivers (international cargo and passengers): Written request from the Russian national association of carriers (ASMAP or RAS) or the national association of carriers of the Member State stating the purpose, duration and frequency of trips.
- Members of train, refrigerator and locomotive crews: Written request from the competent Russian railway company (OAO-RZD with its branches and OAO "Refservice") or a competent railway company of the Member State stating the purpose, duration and frequency of trips.
- Air crews (if in need of a visa): Letter from the operating body.
- Journalists: A certificate or other document issued by a professional organization proving that the person is a qualified journalist.Letter from his/her employer stating that the purpose of the journey is to carry out journalistic work.
- Freelance journalists: proof of journalistic activity (e.g. a press card or work contract) and proof of economic activity/financial means (e.g. 2NDFL or 3NDFL form, excerpt from the trade/fiscal registry, certificate for individual business, bank statement(s).
You should look directly at the camera. Face should be open with no hair around it. Eyes should be open, mouth closed. There should not be shadows on the face or red eyes because of the light.
Head coverings are not permitted except the religious one. Please avoid heavy framed of glasses.
Dear applicants, please pay attention that as per the requirement of the Consular section of the Embassy of Portugal in Moscow the Visa centres can refuse to accept the whole set of documents in case the photo doesn’t correspond the above mentioned rules.
Applications shall be decided on within 15 calendar days (or up to 3 days, in justified urgent cases) of the date of the lodging of an application which is admissible. That period may be extended up to a maximum of 45 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed.
Dear applicants, please note that this processing time does not include courier services to other locations other than the Visa Centre.
It is important to note that as per the art.11 of the Visa code every applicant must sign its visa application form personally. Parent or official representative must sign the application form for minors.
Visa Application Form can be completed in Latin letters (transliteration), in English or Portuguese language.